Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First day for the three of us..




First day for the three of us.. This was actually happened last Thursday, Sept 13 2012. My husband started his new job, my daughter stayed with her babysitter after a very long time was pampered by his father at home, and I got a new office. All I can say is Alhamdulillah, all praise is due to Allah.

That the things we want to happen. It's good for my husband because he can earn more money, after being sick of staying at home for years. That's good for my daughter so that she can learn how to make friends and improve her spoken english. An office in the math department which was allocated for me is really awesome. I don't have to bring heavy books and laptop to library anymore, I can perform solah easily, plus my office is next to my Research Advisor's office. So, I have to do my work when he is around. hehe..

Another thing that I want to announce is, I passed my Comprehensive Exam. Subhanallah, even it was really hard and stressful, Allah helped me. I did bad in written part and Alhamdulillah I redeemed myself in oral part.


The oral part (something like presentation) was always been a nightmare for me since I came to US. I had a trauma when it comes to do a presentation in front of audiences. (I told you my story in a previous post). This time the audiences were consisted of 5 professors only. Scary, right? They were the ones who write the exam's questions and another one is a guest from outside of the department. So, I made sure that I know how to solve all the problems, seek help from my classmate and went to see each of the professors. I got to do this.

Actually, I had a "petua" to do well in a presentation. You should try this. It's a worth to try, nothing to lose. Recite 40 times of Surah Yasseen and make a doa to Allah so that He can make the presentation going well.
I've done it and that worked for me. I felt very close to Allah and truly belived that He will help me. On that day, I answered most of the questions confidently. Some questions were hard, but somehow Allah gave me a "ilham" to answer. Subhanallah, even the thing that I don't understand before, He gave me the knowledge and understanding on that time. It's called rizq. I explained to the professors and they looked satisfied. My oral exam was only took about one hour, they said "you're better than other student, they made to two hours." When the panel announced that I passed, there were tears in my eyes. I can assure you, that's happy tears. Alhamdulillah..




Mental note: Prepare for research group meeting. Read research papers and present them to the audience with a limited time frame.

2 comments:

  1. congrats nora! i know u can do it. Oh btw, thanks for the petua of reciting surah yasin for 40 times. i definitely will try it.

    My new SV is Dr Zuki. If Allah permits, i'll blog about my phd journey later :) Wish u all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kak fizah. tu pun berkat doa dan dorongan dari akak gk. ingt x ms saya post kt fb mintak tlg kwn2 doakan, akak bagi kata2 semangat. time tu sebenarnya dh hampir give up, x tau nk buat ape lg. kalau x silap bidang Dr Zuki is math modeling? am i right? petua tu dpt dari fb UMP suara akademik, terbaca komen dari sp ntah x ingat.

    ReplyDelete