Thursday, November 15, 2012

Merangkak-rangkak! Duh...

Salam friends..

As in previous post,  I told you about tons of research papers scattered on my desk need to read. Because,.. by the end of this month, I need to submit a research report discussing about ONE paper using my own words and fill any gap by discussing every details of steps to my SV. Basically, I have 15 days to complete it, but now I feel something wrong with my work. I mean, my question is how to do that in simpler way. I realized that I didn't do it systematically. What I'm doing right now is I keep reading the related papers at the references and write some note that might be filling the gap of my understanding. To make things worse, I just copy and paste the sentence. Ouch! And now, my report consisting of various part from various authurs, and it's all messed up. This is not good. 

But, Alhamdulillah, yesterday I found this blog http://drotspss.blogspot.com/.. I think it might be helpful to me. Now, I spending some time to read that blog hoping that it will solve my problem, but I didn't finish it yet. There are so many tips and I don't know where to start. So guys, if you have knowledge about it, please please please share with me.

Jazakallahu khair. May Allah bless you. Amin Ya Rabb..

5 comments:

  1. salam nora..akak dulu mula2 pening part nak mencari dimana utk jdkan my own contribution..so apa akak buat..baca sebyk mungkin most cited journal on the field..kemudian fahamkan dia buat apa..guna teknik apa..resutlnya apa..kelebihan n kekurangan..ada paper dia bgtau kekurangan..dan byk paper x bgtau..jd yg x bgtau biasa akak payah nak dptkan kelemahannya..biasa akak mintak bantuan org yg pandai math..sbb topik yg akak buat byk guna math..statistik n algebra..dan bila stuck mcm ni..biasanya akak akan rujuk pada rujukan yg mereka rujuk
    .bukan semua..tp yg penting sahaja..yg akak perasan..bila kita baca paper dan rasa makin x faham..itu sbb kita silap rujuk paper yg menyebabkan persoalan kita tak terjwb..
    skrg ada mendelay..mmg sgt membantu dlm manage paper rujukan..mula2 dulu akak x pakai sbb x tay..so buat template sendiri..mudah jugak la bila nak rujuk semula..
    harap nora faham apa akak tulis ni.hehhee..good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam nora,

    I'm not sure either my method is correct or not but it's help me. As your friends said, manage your reference using mendeley/jabref/endnote/refworks or others. I used jabref since i need to link it with LaTex.

    After you read one journal, make sure you write important information that correspond to your research. For example, what are they doing? Problem? method used or proposed? comparing with other method or not? validate with data or not? simulated data or real data?

    Practically, I don't read all section of the journal. Another tip, try find review paper of your interest research. It's will help you a lot. At least you can summarise from that paper.

    Good luck nora...wish me best of luck too....

    -kyanti-

    ReplyDelete
  3. wslm kak yanti aka mak syahirah. hmmm... betul, betul, makin x paham bila paper yang kita rujuk x menjawab soalan tapi lebih mengusutkan kepala. baru minggu lepas start guna mendeley. senang sket sbb boleh search guna keyword je. semalam dah dapat 1 page saya tulis guna ayat sendiri. Alhamdulillah.. thanks kak. kalau ada apa2 tips lagi, share ngn saya ea. saya budak baru belajar.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wslam kak yanti aka mak husna. saya dah byk tanya akak kat viber. thanks sebab layan. saya pun guna latex tp match with mendeley. x reti lagi jabref tu. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. agree about finding review papers :)

    and.. to make us feel happier, as we read, write the important issues one day.. then the other day we decide if it is helpful or not. if we have in our mind "this paper must answer this, this and this.." while reading and finally the paper does not, we will feel upset.. and, then will go watching movie hahaha.. that is me.. :P

    padahal kalau kita tak letak awal2 dlm kepala kita paper tu mesti answer this this and this, mungkin kita ternampak apa2 yg bukan kita cari TAPI MEMBANTU.. ala2, do not set filter while reading..

    sikit2 la.. i am trying too huhuhu..

    ReplyDelete