Friday, November 30, 2012

My First Report

Salam peeps.. how are doing?

Fuh... what a great relieved. I just finished a discussion with my SV and at the same time presented my report to him. The report I told you guys in the previous post. I don't know whether he satisfied with it but he smiled all the way through the discussion. Well, one thing I sure that I'm satisfied with myself. Alhamdulillah..  Allah made it easier for me with the help of some of my friends who gave suggestions and tips. Special thanks to Kak Yanti Awang, Kak Yanti FIST, Kak Fizah, Kak Anis, and Ayen. May Allah rewards you. And I also want to share my tip with all of you. This worked for me since I was in the first year at USC. If you have a task to be completed, ask Allah to make it easier for you all the time. For example, I follow "Zikir Harian". Today is Friday and the the zikr for Friday is "Ya Allah".

"Ya Allah, permudahkanlah bagiku untuk siapkan research report ini"

Repeat this for the whole day while you are walking, cooking, sleeping etc. In sha Allah.. Allah will hear and be close to you, and the miracle will just pop out  in front of your eyes whether you noticed it or not.

And now, as expected I got lot more works to do. He asked me to add the following into the report: yield stress, reactive, transport, entire system, analysis, small and large parameters, asymptotic analysis, probability to mechanistic, spatial-temporal, nondimensionalization, and the list goes on.. WHAT?? Really? Seriously? that's require too much deep thinking and time friends. Now, I know I'm in the real business of research and I can see his expectation is quiet high. Actually, I knew this from the beginning. That's the reason I chose him as my SV. No, he chose me as his student and I agree. I can feel that this is a barakah from solat istikharah. Before that, I approached two potential supervisors but they don't really fit into my interest but  I still decide to stick with the second. Subhanallah, Allah showed me the third one in a way that we cannot expect or think. He hope that I can be a marketable mathematician like him. He always said that.

Ready or not, I must keep my head high, stay focus and follow his rythms. I'll try my best, but the result is in Allah's hand. May Allah make this PhD journey full of blessing and barakah and I wish the same for all my friends out there.

Amin Ya Rabb..

Till then.


3 comments:

  1. Salam Nora, congrates for ur first report. Sometime sv ni saja je nak uji kita samaada kita mampu atau tak nak hadapi cabaran research world. Akk masa mula2 dulu pun sama dapat banyak sangat task sampai tak tahu nak buat yg mana dulu. Paling best bila dapat pujian dari sv yg katanya akk sangat efision. Rasa kembang sangat senyum sampai telinga ha ha. SEkarang ni akk amalkan solat sunat dhuha setiap pagi dan Alhamdulillah kekadang tu Allah bagi idea yg tak disangka2. Contohnya akk spend almost 1 month untuk solve 1 problem ni tak dapat2 tapi 2 hari lepas tetiba dapat 1 idea ni dan hari ni Alhamdulillah dah berjaya selesaikan.
    Anyway goodluck selalu.
    p/s: jemput masuk blog akk http://hairanazitis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cik z, cik z, knp x btau cik z dah ade blog. amboi... hehe.. bagus kak, i like. sekurang-kurangnya dptla tau cane life akak. kalau x nnti bila kita jumpa nnti mesti akak byk bende sgt nak cerita kt sy. 40 hari 40 malam pun tak abis cerita lg kot. haha.. cik z memang selalu efisien. maybe lebih efisien dari SV. hmm.. (sila kembang lagi ye..) Alhamdulillah kak, solat dhuha n tahajud mmg sy amalkan stp hari.n lg satu stp kali study/buat research mesti pasang quran kt iphone. sy set for individual ayat, repeat 50x. sambil2 dengar tu, tgk makna ayat. rasa tenang yg amat. Alhamdulillah.. (just for inspiration, in shaa Allah not for riya')

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are better than me. Akak plak hari2 study duk dengar lagu korea ha ha. Tapi biasalah balad songs.

    ReplyDelete