Tuesday, January 1, 2013

4 ways to motivate yourself after a break

Do you find it hard to start again your work after a break? Well, I suspended my work for about 11 days due to Christmas and New Year holiday, plus a short vacation and entertained some guests at our home. It such a long break, huh? I cannot continue my work at home at all because you know Alya, she is such an active girl and an attention seeker,  and yesterday I find it hard to continue back my work. I have no energy, the motivation just disappeared nowhere and I just couldn't focus! haishh..

But Alhamdulillah, today I got my strength back. So, here's an overview of the 4 key points of what I did to increase my inner motivation.

1. Solat tahajud & solat dhuha
I missed these solat sunat during the breaks and I need to start it again. It's not esasy to get up in the 2/3 night, take wudhu' and pray. Ask Allah's guidance and help. The biggest enemy is our own self. If you win, you can feel the difference.

2. Read PhD blogs
Read about PhD articles or other people's experience. My favorite blog is  http://drotspss.blogspot.com/. Thanks to Dr OT because his writing makes me feel to work harder.

3. Read your thesis/report
Just read your thesis or your own writing for PhD once, then read it again. Read it again and you will find that you will add some words automatically and edit it.

4. Read surah Al-fath
This is the surah that tell us about victory and I find it is so inspiring. "Marilah menuju kejayaan!"

In shaa Allah.. May Allah keep us in the right path to His jannah. May Allah make this PhD journey as a reason for us to stay close with Him. Amin Ya Rabb..





2 comments:

  1. Nora,

    I feel motivated after reading this. May Allah ease my journey and your journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi.. x sangka blh motivatekan org lain. rasa mcm pakar motivasi plak. haha.. tq kak fizah.

    ReplyDelete